Three has always been a good number to me. I’m not quite sure why, though I’ve definitely always preferred odd numbers (even better if they’re prime). I’m not much of a math person, but the idea that something – like a prime number – can be so wholly unique just always struck me as sort of beautiful.
But anyway, today is a particularly important three in my book – my third to last day at the Day Job. See, I’ve never done anything like this before: leaving stability for the unknown, changing things up *gulp* on purpose. And so, in honor of three more days I bring you, some of my favorite threes. What’s your favorite number? Any significant reasons? Do you have a favorite trio? Let me know!
- Goldilocks’ story
- Starting lines
- Group photos (3, 2, 1, Cheese!)
- The Twilight series (because we all know it ended with Eclipse)
- The Goo Goo Dolls – John Rzeznik, Robby Takac, & Mike Malinin.
- The original Star Wars movies
- “Three Blind Mice” (the only song I could play on my recorder in 4th grade)
- The three fingers scene in Inglourious Basterds
- Being Catholic and all, the Holy Trinity needs a shout out here
- The fact that there are 3 Abrahamic religions (Islam, Judaism, & Christianity)
- The Three Musketeers (the book & the candy bar!)
- The third time’s the charm
- The Golden Trio (Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, & Hermione Granger)
- The third book of the Harry Potter series is my favorite (Harry Potter & The Prisoner of Azkaban)
- The Triplets of Bellevue